Installing WordPress is like riding a bike. After doing it once it’s very straight forward. In fact WordPress is famous for its 5 minute install. But don’t be fooled, in actual fact it takes longer than 5 minutes because it involves database preparation and some other configurations as well. But if all that is set up before hand… it could well take fewer than 5 minutes!
WordPress can be set up on a server for the world to see or locally on a laptop or intranet.
Key Topic: How to install the latest version of WordPress on a server or laptop.
Duration : 2 Hours
Trainer : Damon Taylor (AKA The Website Guy)
Cost: $97 per student
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Prerequisites: Able to follow software installation instructions. No coding.
Course Delivery Mode: Small Group Presentation
Laptop/Tablet: BYO and WiFi prefered but not essential.
Key Course Content
Participants will be shown how to:
- Download and install essential installation tools
- Download the latest wordpress core files
- Accessing the server
- WordPress server-side installers
- Setup the database used by wordpress with phpMyAdmin.
- Install wordpress to a server via FTP upload
- Connect and configure the database
- Setup basic security measures
- Install wordpress on a laptop using LAMP or WAMP.
Who Should Attend
- DIY wordpress operators
- Affiliate marketers who have a family of sites.
- Technicians new to wordpress
- Agencies who use wordpress for their clients
- Those who intend to install multiple wordpress sites.
- WordPress designers.
On Completion, participants will receive:
- Notes, resources and links
- Newsletters with WordPress tips, tricks and shortcuts.
How to Enrol
Head over to the registration page and look for a workshop in your area.
PayPal or Direct Deposit. We do not accept cheques unless by prior arrangement
Book 10 and the eleventh one is free. Either send 11 or receive a voucher a for a free training valued at the same amount.
Appoint one person to collect your registrations and pay in a single payment.
Call Damon on 0403 148 257